The robots in this project are inspired by the vehicles invented by Valentino Breitenberg. He created a number of conceptual vehicles which show life-like behaviour. By connecting sensors and motors together in a specific way, different behaviours can be observed.
We have designed a number of robots based on this, gradually increasing in complexity.
- Version 1: basic version without a microcontroller
- Version 2: Use ultrasonic sensors with a microcontroller
- Version 3: Combining sensors with basic neurons
- Version 4: Adding remote control with a twist
- Version 5: Making the robot learn from the robot control